PIGEONS ARE GREAT!
10 Reasons Why We Love Pigeons
- Pigeons are beautiful – there are spotty ones, stripey ones, grey ones, black ones, brown ones and white ones.
- They are friendly.
- They take food from your hand.
- They are good with children.
- They’re lovely to watch.
- Pigeons recognise people, especially those who bring them food.
- They are not fussy eaters.
- They eat a lot of food people throw in the street and help to keep London clean.
- Every pigeon has its own personality: there are shy ones, bold ones, cheeky ones, scruffy ones, bossy ones, quiet ones and greedy ones.
- They’re London’s bird. Wherever you are in London, you’re never too far from a pigeon (or twenty).
Be nice! Please don’t chase pigeons as they get very scared. They have feelings too.
10 Nice Things That Pigeons Teach People
- Be friendly.
- Don’t be too noisy.
- Wash yourself every day.
- Love your local park.
- Sit on the grass.
- Enjoy the sunshine.
- Eat a variety of meals.
- Don’t waste food.
- Make friends with the ducks.
- Explore your city.