VEGAN LIKE BUNNIES
Wonderful rabbits have inspired us to change our own habits, live and eat kindly to benefit our health, animals and the planet. At Cottontails we follow a whole plant food lifestyle, based on fruit, vegetables, potatoes, grains, legumes, herbs and small amounts of avocado, seeds and nuts.
If you are interested in a plant-based diet, why not give it a try – one meal or one day at a time. You’ll be amazed how quickly your taste buds adapt to fresh, natural food, the kind we were meant to eat. For simple recipes and advice on becoming a slim, healthy vegan, take a look at Cottontails’ Cookbook.
List of Resources
For more information about vegan nutrition we recommend:
- the Physicians’ Committee for Responsible Medicine’s YouTube channel and Vegan Starter Kit
- The Beginner’s Guide to a Plant-Based Diet by Forks Over Knives
- Dr Pam Popper’s YouTube channel and clear, easy-to-read book Food over Medicine
- Dietician Brenda Davis’s YouTube videos and book Becoming Vegan
- Chef AJ’s YouTube channel and book Secrets to Ultimate Weight Loss
- Weight loss coach Ryan Adams’ excellent YouTube channel and Instagram
- Dr Michael Klaper’s handouts How to Create a Leaner, Healthier Body and a Healthier Life and Health-Supporting Eating Plan
- Dr John McDougall’s Free McDougall Program and books The Starch Solution and The McDougall’s Program for Maximum Weight Loss; Mary McDougall’s simplified version of the McDougall’s diet Mary’s Mini-McDougall Diet; Dr McDougall’s article on curing acne and oily skin
- Dr Rosane Oliveira’s Plant-based Life Foundation – start by reading her blog about The 5 phases of the plant-based journey
- Dr Michael Greger’s website NutritionFacts.org, YouTube channel and life-changing books How not to Die and How not to Diet
- Dr Doug Lisle and Dr Jennifer Howk’s website esteemdynamics.com for support in changing to a vegan lifestyle and achieving the health and body you deserve
- The Plantrician Project’s list of recommended documentaries, books and films
- plantbasedtelehealth.com and plantbasedhealthprofessionals.com for a database of plant-based doctors, dieticians and other health professionals. They also offer online consultations so can help you wherever you are in the world.